Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Paralysis By Analysis

Every day we get emails and telephone calls from people who want to get started in Real Estate. We hear, I am just checking out your program. Or, I've been researching for the past six months to try and find a program. While researching and checking out programs is an important step, so many of these individuals never follow through to the next step, which is getting started and moving forward.
Making a decision on starting a business or a program to help you start a business is the next step people. Otherwise all you have is "Paralysis by Analysis". You can look and dither back and forth, with all the questions: "Will it work for me?; How long will it take? How many calls, letters, emails, (fill in the blank) will I have to send or sell before I start making money? The questions go on and on. Eventually you will come to one that can't be answered and that will be your  reason for not proceeding.  Oh, I can't do it if I can't have (fill in the blank).
The one question I love is: "Can you guarantee I will succeed?" NO! I CAN'T, ONLY YOU CAN DECIDE THAT. In all honesty, if you ask that question, you probably never will. You will never move forward to make a decision, hence the "paralysis by analysis". You will keep spinning your wheels in one fashion or another and never get anywhere. You will stay in the same place the rest of your life, and continue to moan and groan about it. In addition to blaming everyone but yourself for not moving forward.
So if you see yourself in the above, realize what you are doing, and either move forward and do something or stop wasting everyone's time, including your own, and resign yourself to the life you have. Remember, it's no one fault but your own that you have the problems you do, especially if you do nothing to change them.

No comments:

Post a Comment